The STEVAL-ILL053V2 evaluation board implements a 130 W LED power supply for street lighting.
The circuit is composed of two stages: a front-end PFC using the L6562AT, and an LLC resonant converter based on the L6599AT.
The strengths of this design are its very high efficiency; wide input mains range (85-305 VAC) operation and long-term reliability.
Because mean time between failures (MTBF) in power supplies is typically affected by the high failure rate of common electrolytic capacitors, the STEVAL-ILL053V2 evaluation board offers an innovative design approach using film capacitors from EPCOS in place of electrolytic capacitors.
Thanks to the high efficiency achieved, only a small heatsink for the PFC stage is needed, while the other power components implement surface mount technology (SMT), which significantly lowers costs.
The STEVAL-ILL053V2 evaluation board also provides protection against overload, short-circuit and open-loop in each stage, and overvoltage protection on the input,with auto-restart.
大大通參考設計方案 基於ST L6562AT及L6599AT電源控制IC的130W街燈照明之電源配置
• Extended input mains range: 85 to 305 VAC - frequency 45 to 55 Hz
• Output voltage: 48 V at 2.7 A
• Long-life: electrolytic capacitors not used
• Mains harmonics in accordance with EN61000-3-2 Class C
• Efficiency at full load greater than 91% at 115 VAC
• EMI in accordance with EN55022 Class B; EN55015
• Safety: double insulation, in accordance with EN60950, SELV
• Dimensions: 75 x 135 mm, 30 mm maximum component height
• PCB: single side, 35 μm, FR-4, mixed PTH/SMT
• RoHS compliant
• WEEE compliant