The AEK-MOT-SM81M1 evaluation board is designed to drive a bipolar stepper motor in micro-stepping mode, with coil voltage monitoring for stall detection.
This application board features the automotive-grade L99SM81V stepper motor driver with embedded power MOSFETs and a comprehensive set of I/Os for MCU control and feedback signaling using SPI communication through a 12-pin male connector or two 5-pin connectors on the board.
The board is developed as part of the AutoDevKit initiative, and evaluation firmware is available for suitable microcontrollers such as the automotive-grade SPC5 series MCU on the AEK-MCU-C4MLIT1 control board.
• Board functionality based on L99SM81V programmable stepper motor driver for automotive applications:
– with micro-stepping and hold functions
– BEMF monitoring for stall detection
– programmable configuration via SPI
– 5 V internal linear voltage regulator (output available on board connector)
• Board reverse battery protection with STD95N4F3 MOSFET, which can be substituted with two optionally mounted diodes and a jumper
• Input operating voltage range from 6 V to 28 V
• Output current up to 1.35 A
• Board size: 65 mm length x 81 mm width x 11 mm maximum component height
• WEEE and RoHS compliant
• All ST components are qualified Automotive grade
• Part of the AutoDevKit™ initiative
• Applications: automotive bipolar stepper motor