SECO−NCV7685RGB−GEVB is an evaluation board for RGB LEDs lighting application with BLE in automotive which driven by NCV7685 and controlled by RSL10. It is also an interior or exterior lighting reference design for tail or ambient lights to realize general sequential or high end pixelated LEDs controlling in−vehicle network. The user can set RGB LED’s color and intensity by mobile APP to show customized information or animation.
In general, the user prefers to use fixed address in multiple NCV7685 applications. It leads to additional procedure to pre−program each chips’ address in mass production stage. In addition, it is inconvenient for maintenance in the aftermarket. In firmware of this evaluation board, it uses floating address setting method, each time when power on the board, NCV7685 will be assigned an address which is defined by user, but it’s not locked into OTP registers. The user can realize this function by using either RSL10’s GPIO or IO expender (PAC9655).
In firmware, the driver APIs are divided into four levels: Peripheral, Chip, Board and customer application. User can directly include the chips and board APIs in their own project, and modify the application APIs according to their applications. This will accelerate developing period to market.
The board conceived for use as a plug and play environment to testing. Nominal supply voltage is 12 V (Supply voltage range 12−24 V). In switch mode, four fixed animations shown; the RGB LEDs’ color and intensity setting by user mobile APP in BLE mode.
大大通精彩博文 世平安森美半導體基於NCV7685驅動器+NCV8179 LDO+RSL10 SiP 的汽車內外部照明系統方案
• Plug and Play; Switch and BLE Mode to Show Animations
• 16 RGB LEDs (48 Channels), each Current Programmable Sources up to 60 mA
• Independent PWM Duty Cycle Control for each Channel
• On−Chip 150, 300, 600 and 1200 Hz PWM
• Logarithmic or linear independent PWM dimming
• Diagnostic and Protection against Open Load and Under−Voltage, Over Temperature…
• Dynamic Addressing Method for No−Worries in mass production
• Bluetooth® 5 Certified with LE 2M PHY Support
• Rx Sensitivity (Bluetooth Low Energy Mode, 1 Mbps): −94 dBm
• Transmitting Power: −17 to +6 dBm
• Arm Cortex−M3 Processor and LPDSP32
• AEC−Q100 Qualified and PPAP Capable