The ST-LINK/V2 is an in-circuit debugger and programmer for the STM8 and STM32 microcontrollers. The single-wire interface module (SWIM) and JTAG/serial wire debugging (SWD) interfaces are used to communicate with any STM8 or STM32 microcontroller located on an application board. In addition to providing the same functionalities as the ST-LINK/V2, the ST-LINK/V2-ISOL features digital isolation between the PC and the target application board. It also withstands voltages of up to 1000 Vrms.
STM8 applications use the USB full-speed interface to communicate with the ST Visual Develop (STVD-STM8) or ST Visual Programmer (STVP-STM8) software, or with integrated development environments from third-parties.
STM32 applications use the USB full-speed interface to communicate with the STM32CubeIDE software tool or with integrated development environments from third-parties.
• 5 V power supplied by a USB connector
• USB 2.0 full-speed compatible interface
• USB Type-A to Mini-B cable provided
• SWIM specific features:
– 1.65 V to 5.5 V application voltage support on the SWIM interface
– SWIM low-speed and high-speed modes support
– SWIM programming speed rates: 9.7 kbyte/s in low-speed, 12.8 kbyte/s in high-speed
– SWIM cable for connection to an application with an ERNI standard connector
◦ Vertical connector reference: 284697 or 214017
◦ Horizontal connector reference: 214012
– SWIM cable for connection to an application with pin headers or 2.54 mm pitch connector
• JTAG/serial wire debug (SWD) specific features:
– 1.65 V to 3.6 V application voltage support on the JTAG/SWD interface and 5 V tolerant inputs
– JTAG cable for connection to a standard JTAG 20-pin 2.54 mm pitch connector
– JTAG support
– SWD and serial wire viewer (SWV) communication support
• Direct firmware update support (DFU)
• Status LED blinking during the communication with the PC
• Operating temperature from 0 °C to 50 °C
• 1000 Vrms high isolation voltage (ST-LINK/V2-ISOL only)