The P-NUCLEO-53L0A1 is an evaluation pack that provides an introduction to the ranging and gesture detection features of the VL53L0X sensor, combined with the powerful STM32F401RE microcontroller.
The VL53L0X is the latest product based on ST’s patented FlightSenseTM technology. This is a ground-breaking technology allowing absolute distance to be measured independent of target reflectance. Instead of estimating the distance by measuring the amount of light reflected back from the object (which is significantly influenced by color and surface), the VL53L0X precisely measures the time the light takes to travel to the nearest object and reflect back to the sensor (Time-of-Flight).
The STM32 Nucleo board, NUCLEO-F401RE, provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller line, choosing from the various combinations of performance, power consumption and features.
• VL53L0X ranging and gesture detection expansion board (X-NUCLEO-53L0A1).
– 4-digit display, displaying the distance of a target from the ranging sensor
– Accurate absolute ranging distance, independent of the reflectance of the target.
• NUCLEO-F401RE STM32 Nucleo board
• Two VL53L0X satellites
• 0.25, 0.5 and 1mm height spacers to simulate air gaps
• Cover glass
• Two 10 pin connectors for VL53L0X satellite boards
• Equipped with Arduino UNO R3 connector.
• RoHS compliant.
• Basic gesture recognition application can be developed using one or two VL53L0X sensors.
• Two VL53L0X satellite boards can be connected on the X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 expansion board in order to integrate the VL53L0X in customer’s application.