The AEKD-BLINDSPOTB1 set of assembled evaluation boards is used with the AEKD-BLINDSPOTA1 car model demonstration assembly to simulate vehicle detection in automotive blind-spot regions. It achieves this by interpreting magnetic field variations detected by a Hall sensor mounted near a stationary model car,
caused by magnets mounted on another model car approaching on a conveyor belt driven by a 12 VDC gearbox motor with 40 RPM and high torque.
The goal of the training kit is to support firmware development of blind-spot applications using the SPC5-Studio integrated development environment with AutoDevKit plugin extension, which includes the source code.
The system can be tested using the STSW-BLINDSPOT firmware downloadable from www.st.com.
Related Product AEKD-BLINDSPOTA1 >> Stock and price
• Full set of evaluation boards to drive vehicle blind-spot application development:
– AEK-MCU-C4MLIT1: main control board with SPC58EC80E5 automotive microcontroller running firmware to interpret detected magnetic field variations
– AEK-LED-21DISM1: advanced automotive-grade LED driver board used to activate the vehicle in blind-spot warning LED
– EV-VN7050AS: high-side driver used to drive the DC gearbox motor of the conveyor belt
• Unique power supply path for all boards and the hardware assembly
• 5 V, 2 A AC-DC included
• Part of the AutoDevKit™ initiative
• RoHS and WEEE compliant