The EVAL-L9963E-MCU is a hardware tool for evaluation of L9963E, automotive chip for battery management applications. It can be used for the development of a 48 V battery management system (BMS) or as lower stage of a distributed BMS (depending on total battery voltage. Additional stages can be added thanks to EVALL9963E-NDS).
EVAL-L9963E-MCU allows the user to connect up to 14 channels for cell voltage sensing, one channel for current sensing, and up to 4 analog input for temperature sensing (plus an additional on-board NTC to sense PCB temperature). The board provides an onboard microcontroller with preloaded GUI (graphical user interface) firmware intended to be used with STSW-L9963E PC GUI.
• Measures from 4 to 14 cells in series, with 0 μs desynchronization delay between samples. Supports also busbar connection without altering cell results
• Coulomb counter supporting pack overcurrent detection in both ignition on and off states
• Fully synchronized current and voltage samples
• 16-bit voltage measurement
• 2.66 Mbps isolated serial communication with regenerative buffer, supporting dual access ring
• Transformer based isolation
• Up to 4 analog inputs for NTC sensing, plus PCB temperature sensing
• Onboard microcontroller SPC574S64E3 with 32-bit Power Architecture MCU for automotive chassis and safety applications
• Onboard L9001 regulator as microcontroller power supply
• Hot plug dedicated circuit