The STEVAL-ETH001V1 servo drive evaluation board has been developed to address three-phase PMSM applications oriented to multi-axial position control and connectivity. The evaluation board embeds a motor control power stage, a digital actuation section and a power management section.
The motor control power stage hosts the STDRIVE101 half-bridge gate driver and six STH270N8F7-2 power MOSFETs, featuring real-time connectivity with Ethercat communication protocol supported by the NETX90 network controller, whereas the digital actuation section hosts an industrial IO management section with CLT03-2Q3 (input) and IPS160H (output). The power management section is powered by L7987, L7805CD2T-TR and LD39150DT33-R devices.
The STEVAL-ETH001V1 is equipped with two RJ45 connectors for daisy chain connection and an RS485 interface for digital encoder or host connection powered by ST3485EI. For a better noise immunity, the PCB is characterized by a 6-layer stack and an insulated track for supply line and ground. A quadrature encoder interface with index is also present.
• Real-time communication via Ethercat protocol
• Three-phase motor drive inverter based on STDRIVE101 gate driver and STH270N8F7-2 power MOSFET
• STM32F767ZI microcontroller Arm®32-bit Cortex®-M7
• NETX90 network controller
• Main supply voltage up to 48 V with a max. overvoltage robustness of 60 V
• Max. power dissipation up to 700 W
• Motor brake dissipative energy circuit
• Digital actuation section for industrial loads
• RS485 interface for digital encoder and host interface
• On-board DC-DC converter and linear regulator