The STEVAL-VP12201F evaluation board implements a 12 V - 5 W isolated flyback converter developed for general purpose applications supplied from 85 to 265 VAC.
The reference design is built around the new VIPer122LS offline high-voltage converter from the VIPerPlus family, with embedded 730 V Power MOSFET and PWM current-mode control.
The main characteristics of the evaluation board are its small size and minimal BOM, high efficiency, low stand-by consumption and tight line and load regulation over the entire input and output range. Extremely low consumption under no-load condition is ensured thanks to burst mode operation, which reduces the average switching frequency and minimizes all frequency related losses.
VIPer122LS operates at fixed frequency 60kHz with frequency jittering to meet the standards regarding electromagnetic disturbance.
• Universal input mains range: 85–265 VAC
• Frequency: 50-60Hz
• Output voltage: 12 V
• Output current: 416 mA
• Highly compact size
• Stand-by mains consumption: < 30 mW at 230 VAC
• Average efficiency: > 77%
• Tight line and load regulation over the entire input and output range
• Meets IEC55022 Class B conducted EMI even with reduced EMI filter, thanks to the frequency jittering feature
• RoHS compliant