The LIS2DTW12 is an ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer and temperature sensor belonging to the “femto” family which leverages on the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers. The device has user-selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 1.6 Hz to 1600 Hz.
The LIS2DTW12 has an embedded 0.8 °C (typ. accuracy) temperature sensor with ODRs ranging from 50 to 1.6 Hz and resolution from 8 to 12 bits.
The LIS2DTW12 has an integrated 32-level first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor. The embedded self-test capability allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application. The device has a dedicated internal engine to process motion and acceleration detection including free-fall, wakeup, highly configurable single/double-tap recognition, activity/inactivity, stationary/motion detection, portrait/landscape detection and 6D/4D orientation.
The LIS2DTW12 is available in a small thin plastic land grid array package (LGA) and it is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C.
• Fragile shipment tracking
• Motion and temperature monitoring in battery-powered devices
• Gesture recognition and gaming
• Motion-activated functions and user interfaces
• Display orientation
• Tap/double-tap recognition
• Free-fall detection
• Smart power saving for handheld devices
• Hearing aids
• Portable healthcare devices
• Wireless sensor nodes
• Motion-enabled metering devices
• Ultra-low power consumption: 50 nA in power-down mode, below 1 µA in active low-power mode
• Very low noise: down to 1.3 mg RMS in low-power mode
• 0.8 °C (typ. accuracy) embedded temperature sensor
• Multiple operating modes with multiple bandwidths
• Android stationary detection, motion detection
• Supply voltage, 1.62 V to 3.6 V
• Independent IO supply
• ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g full scale
• High-speed I²C/SPI digital output interface
• Single data conversion on demand
• 16-bit accelerometer data output
• 12-bit temperature data output
• 32-level FIFO
• 10000 g high shock survivability
• ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant