The LIS2DW12 is an ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer belonging to the “femto” family which leverages on the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers.
The LIS2DW12 has user-selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 1.6 Hz to 1600 Hz.
The LIS2DW12 has an integrated 32-level first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor. The embedded self-test capability allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application.
The LIS2DW12 has a dedicated internal engine to process motion and acceleration detection including free-fall, wakeup, highly configurable single/double-tap recognition, activity/inactivity, stationary/motion detection, portrait/landscape detection and 6D/4D orientation.
The LIS2DW12 is available in a small thin plastic land grid array package (LGA) and it is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C.
• Motion detection for wearables
• Gesture recognition and gaming
• Motion-activated functions and user interfaces
• Display orientation
• Tap/double-tap recognition
• Free-fall detection
• Smart power saving for handheld devices
• Hearing aids
• Portable healthcare devices
• Wireless sensor nodes
• Motion-enabled metering devices
• Ultra-low power consumption: 50 nA in power-down mode, below 1 µA in active low-power mode
• Very low noise: down to 1.3 mg RMS in low-power mode
• Multiple operating modes with multiple bandwidths
• Android stationary detection, motion detection
• Supply voltage, 1.62 V to 3.6 V
• Independent IO supply
• ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g full scale
• High-speed I²C/SPI digital output interface
• Single data conversion on demand
• 16-bit data output
• Embedded temperature sensor
• 32-level FIFO
• 10000 g high shock survivability
• ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant